Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Year Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Weekly One Electronics Gift Guide $34.99 for a limited time only Try it first with samples Handmade Gift Shop Holiday Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon MMM MMM MMM  Echo Devices starting at $29.99 Save $30 on All-New Fire HD 8. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now HTL17_gno

on August 16, 2013
As my title briefly states, the belt is a great belt. I have other "normal" belts that are a bit thicker. But I think they kept it this thin is so one can cut it to size fairly easily, which I did. I ordered a bit bigger than I normally do. I wear a 34, but bought the 35-36. And I think is the better choice than risking the lower size. This way you can cut it to size IN SMALL INCREMENTS lol. Slidebelt says they do free exchanges if you cut off too much but just be diligent.

I have the plain gunmetal buckle with dark mocha leather belt. In the reviews I have seen, I was expecting the clear lockbox and not the box, but hey, no biggie, I'm not wearing the box am I? I initially put it on yesterday afternoon when I came home from work and it worked brilliantly. Just clamp the straight side to the buckle's teeth and then "slide on". In my initial view, it was cool! Then looking at the length, it was a bit too long lol. I decided this morning to cut it a finger length to start and that was the perfect length. I guess I'll need to buy more belts if I get wider in the waist lol.

Now to the buckle. It's an really really nice gunmetal. Very impressed in how it looks. My single and only gripe is that the buckle is so much heavier than the belt itself. I mean yea I know, it should be, but it's very noticeable. And a secondary minor thing is that if you slide the belt tight, the buckle will rise and not really sit flush until the pressure behind the buckle is loosened. I guess no buffet lunches for me lol. Otherwise, the belt looks and feels nice. Looks more like a "dressy" belt for suits, than a more hefty belt than I am accustom to.
33 comments| 12 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse| Permalink
What's this?