91 of 119 people found the following review helpful
N360 - Simply the Leader,
This review is from: Norton 360 2013 - 1 User / 3 PC [Old Version] [Download] (Software Download)
It's very lightweight and effective all-in-one solution, been my favourite since it appeared on the market.
1. Installation process is a breeze, no pitfalls, no lags.
2. The champion antivirus always been setting baseline to other antivirus vendors.
3. Firewall is outstanding, hiding your presence on the network and making your PC invisible to hackers. It also blocks known threats (there as thousands) even in case your PC has been discovered. Customisable attack patterns even make the firewall enable some types of threats/connections, if you're sure that the connection comes from a trusted source, and you definitely need to enable it - usually happens when you need to use some appications that N360 identified as a threat.
4. Lots of Performance/Tuneup tasks. Registry cleaning function makes your PC run faster due to removed unused or missing registry entries - the feature I love. SpeedDisk is a utility that removes empty/unused space on your hard drive making your PC load files faster. It also puts frequently accessed files to the beginning of your hard drive, and frequently changed files to the end. There's a huge logic behind SpeedDisk coming since 1990's.
5. Comps: I've been comparing N360 to other internet security products I've used, such as Norton Internet Security, Avira, Kaspersky, NOD, Microsoft Essentials, McAfee etc. Some of them have more configuration options, others throw more verbose messages, or cause system slowdown, e.g. McAfee caused the most stress on the system performance, and Kaspersky was the most configurable and verbose - which I find annoying sometimes - I just don't want to read all the popups it throws out - got a virus, just kill it! Updating the virus database? Just do it! Being network scanned? Just block it! No need to pop it up on everything you do! I'll walk through the security incidents history myself, if I want!
N360 is the most silent, lightweight and versatile combination of all the internet security features.
Overall, N360 is simply the best "Install and Forget" security solution available on the market I'd recommend.
UPDATE: Just caught Facebook LikeJacking - when you click on a friend's newsfeed, some sites make your browser "Like" some page without your consent (without you knowing about it), and publishing the event on your FB wall as if you liked it, thus infecting even more of your friends!
Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-2 of 2 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Aug 27, 2013 3:32:36 PM PDT
"Just caught LifeJacking" means what? Your PC was infected? Norton caught it and stopped it?
In reply to an earlier post on Aug 28, 2013 11:25:01 PM PDT
Its called LikeJacking, not LifeJacking, and the Norton 360 prevented my PC from getting infected.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›