Industrial Deals Beauty MagazinestoInspire STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Amazon Echo now $99.99 Limited-time offer: All-New Fire 7, starting at $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

TOP 500 REVIEWERon October 8, 2012
I received this book from Thomas Nelson's program BookSneeze. In exchange for the book, all I have to do is provide an honest review on my blog and a website like Amazon. This program is primarily a Protestant book source, but occasionally you find a Catholic or Orthodox Gem, and Lifted By Angels definitely falls into that category.

This 150 page book is a quick read as it is only 7 chapters long and each of them is more fascinating than the next. He starts by explaining how the angelic realm and our world make up one big world with so much interaction between the two, whether we are aware of it not. We next get a picture of fallen angels and how we as humanity fell too. After that we get chapters on who angels are, what their jobs are, and how they interact with us and watch over us. The whole book has Bible passages, Apocryphal passages, and Early Church Fathers teachings woven throughout.

I truly loved this book, and at first I was disappointed that it was only 150 pages long. I was thinking this book should be way longer, but Mr. Miller points out excellently in his book that we can make a cult of angels. So yes, angels are here to help us and assist us on the path of salvation, but we are not supposed to make gods of them or worship them. That would indeed be in error.

This book also made me want to reach out to my guardian angel. I talked to my guardian angel after reading this book. I thanked him for always being there for me, even when I didn't deserve it, and for watching over me. I also apologized to him for the things which I did wrong and that offended him, because these are creatures that see God, and for them to look upon us in our sin and fallen nature must make them very sad.

I would recommend this book to anyone who wants to learn more about angels, no matter how much knowledge they have about angels. This book is packed full of information, but is written in a way that makes it easy to read and easy to understand. I give this book 5 stars easily, and recommend everyone buy it and read it.
0Comment| 15 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse| Permalink
What's this?

What are product links?

1. Find the product you want to reference on Amazon.com
2. Copy the web address of the product
3. Click Insert product link
4. Paste the web address in the box
5. Click Select

Please write at least one word
You must purchase at least one item from Amazon to post a comment
A problem occurred while submitting your comment. Please try again later.

There was a problem loading comments right now. Please try again later.