Amazon Vehicles GoldBox Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Florida Georgia Line Shop Now STEM

The manufacturer commented on the review belowSee comments
1.0 out of 5 stars Good luck getting warranty service from JBL, February 29, 2012
This review is from: JBL CS6100BG High-Performance Complete 6-Piece Home Theater Speaker System with Brackets (Black Gloss) (Electronics)
So, I set up the speakers and everything, and for the first week everything worked fine.

Then the subwoofer broke, refusing to power on. Called up JBL customer service, which is an Indian call center, and asked for an address where I could get the subwoofer fixed under warranty. They gave me a company name and address. I looked them up afterwards, they're not there anymore or out of business.

I call customer service again. I get two more shops/addresses, which are both 45 minutes away from me. Both of them say they don't service JBL products anymore when I call them. I asked one of them "Why does nobody take JBL warranty work?"

"They don't pay us. They owe me a lot of money, but have never paid for my work, so I stopped". Furthermore, both of the shops said they had stopped doing JBL work for over a year. That's some up-to-date data JBL keeps.

JBL is too cheap to pay for repairs to their defective products, and as the customer, you will suffer when your product breaks under the warranty time. I called up JBL support again, saying "Look, there's no service centers within reasonable distance to me. Can I just take it to a shop and send you the bill for a refund?" The reply was no, and it was pointed out that since it was less than 30 days of purchase, I could send it back to Amazon for a replacement, which is what I wound up doing (Thanks, Amazon!). Before hanging up though, I asked "But what happens if the speakers break in the future? Can I get it repaired somewhere and get refunded the cost then?" The response was just "There will be a service center in your area in the future." Yeah, right.

Why do I have zero confidence that they will try and get a service center in the area? The guy didn't even ask what "service centers" I had called and wasn't able to get service for, and when I even told him that he should tell HQ to update their database that these 3 shops don't work for JBL anymore, he was clearly disinterested and didn't record the names/addresses I was giving him.

Buy at your own risk from JBL. They're not getting any future business from me. They don't know the meaning of the phrase "product support".

stem
The manufacturer commented on this review(What's this?)
Posted on Mar 8, 2012 2:28:00 PM PST
Hi ravl13.

I want to thank you for your business and sincerely apologize for what seem's like was a very poor customer service experience for you. JBL does strive to provide excellent customer service and this should not be the norm. If you wouldn't mind reaching out to me I would like to get some further details from you on what transpired so we can work to correct an issue like this from happening again. My email is chris.angelillo@harman.com.

I do hope that you are enjoying the sound from the replacement unit you were sent from Amazon. The CS6100BG speaker system is a great sounding speaker system.

Thank you, again, for your business.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in
  [Cancel]

Comments

Track comments by e-mail
Tracked by 3 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 20 posts in this discussion
A comment by the manufacturer   (What's this?)
Initial post: Mar 8, 2012 2:28:00 PM PST
Hi ravl13.

Thank you, again, for your business.

Posted on Mar 17, 2012 9:42:04 AM PDT
sunqueen says:
Hi Ravl13.

I'm sorry you have had problems with your CS6100BG speakers. I don't work for JBL or anything like that. When I was a young teen-aged girl working my way through the ranks of what was then a male dominated culinary career, I saved every penny I could lay my fingers on. It took me a year but I was finally able to pick up a pair of JBL L110 speakers. That was 1980. I still have them to this date. A few years ago I brought them to an authorized dealer in South Florida to get them refoamed. Every single person I came in contact with in that shop begged to buy them from me. Until the foam dry rotted, I had never had a single issue with those speakers. Oh wait, I'm lying. I had to fight my friends on a regular basis to turn the volume down. The Allentown police knew me by name because they had to come by so often. One of my friends believed Pink Floyd's "The Wall" should only be played at ear shattering volume. It got me in all kinds of hot water. They still sound as good today as they did 32 years ago and have moved with me all over the country.

Also, when you get a call center, immediately ask for a supervisor in the states. Be very firm. Tell them it's nothing personal but that you'd really rather be dealing with an American to help resolve an issue that directly relates to your hard earned American dollars and American Consumerism. You should find yourself getting better results. Good luck with everything. Stay open minded about your JBL products. Mine turned out to be one of the best purchases I made in 55 years. I don't work for JBL and have never written a letter like this before. I just feel incredibly passionate about my L110s and it hurts to see someone dissatisfied with their purchase.

Good luck to you!

Posted on Oct 1, 2012 11:01:53 AM PDT
Who contacts the manufacture when they have problems with a product they got on amazon. Part of the reason people buy on amazon is if there is ever a problem amazon will deal with it.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 25, 2012 9:26:15 AM PST

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 25, 2012 10:57:43 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 25, 2012 11:03:12 AM PST
Sam I am says:
"Why do I have to resort to such a threat to get a service I expect?"

You don't. The customer service rep you spoke with could care less about your threats. They just have to be professional and follow Amazon rules. When you got upset (no matter what you said) he/she did what it took to make you "happy". It wasn't the threat, it was Amazon. The A-Z guarantee is not as good as dealing with Amazon directly, but it works exactly how Amazon says AFTER you TRY and deal with the seller.

If you used a vendor and not through Amazon fulfillment (where Amazon ships the vendor's item), you didn't order Amazon Prime 2-day shipping. They don't have that for third party sellers, unless through Amazon fulfillment.

Also, Amazon Prime can certainly use USPS priority mail, and have for me on numerous occasions. As well as FedEx and OnTrac too,

Sounds like you're not understanding a lot of things.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 30, 2012 5:25:07 AM PST

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 8, 2013 9:28:00 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 8, 2013 9:31:37 AM PST
G. Kent says:
Mr. Angelillo,
Why don't you start making amends/improvements by bringing your call center home where people care.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 8, 2013 9:30:34 AM PST