Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

on January 1, 2014
The first thing you'll notice about the G16 is its ability to capture a great photo in low light. I attribute that to the sensor being the largest of all its predecessors. The menu has the familiar Canon Powershot layout. I tend to take most photos in Program mode and I have to say the performance has been excellent. I like that the exposure compensation dial is near my thumb so I can make adjustments quickly after taking a photo. The 60 fps video capture is much smoother than any of my previous compact cameras. Lastly the frame rate in burst mode is faster than my Canon 60D DSLR and puts any of my previous compacts to shame. If I had to find any fault in the camera it would be the optical view finder is small and hard to get a good sense of your frame before shooting. I highly recommend this camera.

UPDATE 2014-01-21
I have been getting periodic "Memory Card Error" at startup. I have a Sandisk Extreme 32GD SDHC 80MB/s card. I have replaced the card with the same model. Still got the periodic errors. Finally I replaced the camera last week with another G16. Still get the errors. Sent an email to Canon and waiting for response. Will try a slower SD card and see if it makes a difference.

UPDATE 2014-01-28
Problem Solved. The "Memory Card Error" problem I was periodically receiving at start-up was resolved by switching brands on the SD card. After receiving the error on two identical Sandisk Extreme cards and two Canon G16's, I concluded that switching brands on the SD card was the next logical step. Canon support recommended that I send in the camera for repair. Despite explaining to them that the odds of a hardware failure was remote given I had tried two different G16's, they still insisted I send in the camera for repair--I did not. I asked if the SanDisk Extreme Plus 32 GB SDHC Class 10 UHS-1 Flash Memory Card 80MB/s (SDSDXS-032G-AFFP) was supported and they responded that there are too many cards to test them all (read: we have no idea). I have other cameras which have either Sandisk or Transcend SD cards in them. I tried all the cards and the Sandisk got the error while the Transcend did not. So I exchanged my SD card for the Transcend 32 GB High Speed Class 10 UHS Flash Memory Card TS32GSDHC10U1E 85/45 MB/s. I have been using the camera for a week with not a single Memory Card Error encountered. Strange but true.
99 comments| 157 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse| Permalink
What's this?

What are product links?

1. Find the product you want to reference on Amazon.com
2. Copy the web address of the product
3. Click Insert product link
4. Paste the web address in the box
5. Click Select

Please write at least one word
You must purchase at least one item from Amazon to post a comment
A problem occurred while submitting your comment. Please try again later.

There was a problem loading comments right now. Please try again later.