Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Little FIres Everywhere STEM nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch New Album by Prophets of Rage PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

VINE VOICEon March 8, 2012
Format: Paperback|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I really like the Taste of Home cookbooks - they are definitely favorites of mine and this book is now added to my list of favorites. At first I worried at first that it would be a lot like the other books I have, but it definitely has new recipes and diet ideas. The diet plan is really straightforward and gives 6 weeks of sample menus with lots of ideas to personalize the menus. I even enjoyed the stories of people who successfully followed the plan and gave their unique tips. I've only had the chance to make a handful of recipes, which I found to be easy to make and without a lot of fuss or hard-to-find ingredients; I am a good cook and like to experiment, but lately have been wanting a diet plan that was simple enough to follow but varied enough to keep me interested - and I might have found that in this book. The book is arranged in various categories, such as by calorie count and meal (for example, 100 cal snacks, 101-200 cal breakfasts) and there is also a section for slow-cooker recipes, 8 ingredients or less recipes, and 20 minute meals. The index helps you find a recipe if you really have a hankering for something in particular since it might be a challenge to find something specific in these categories. The index lists by ingredient and by recipe name, so it's pretty easy to use, so that last week when I had a bunch of asparagus I could look easy under that ingredient and was delighted by seeing several recipes (I ended up with the basaltic asparagus - delicious and only 45 calories!). I also like that the recipes have a nutritional breakdown so that I can also calculate protein, fiber and other important stuff to help me stay on track with my nutritional goals. And a photo of each dishes makes it appetizing!

And as a bonus - the book also comes with a year's subscription to the Taste of Home Healthy Cooking magazine. I haven't sent in the postcard yet, but I am looking forward to it.
What's this?

What are product links?

1. Find the product you want to reference on Amazon.com
2. Copy the web address of the product
3. Click Insert product link
4. Paste the web address in the box
5. Click Select

Please write at least one word
You must purchase at least one item from Amazon to post a comment
A problem occurred while submitting your comment. Please try again later.

There was a problem loading comments right now. Please try again later.