Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Month Casual Friday Style nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. GNO for Samsung S9 Prime exclusive: $24.99 for a limited time Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon marchmadness marchmadness marchmadness  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment. Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now TG18PP_gno

I bought this based on a trailer I viewed on another Cine-Asia production I purchased: Detective Dee & The Mystery of the Phantom Flame [Blu-ray]. This movie comes out of Korea, whereas "Dee" is a Hong Kong film (I rated "Dee" at 5 stars). "Woochi" also goes under a couple of alternate titles including Jeon Woo Chi (The Tao Fighter) and Jeon Woo Chi (Taoist Wizard).

Though listed as playable in region B/2 (Europe, Greenland, French territories, Middle East, Africa, Australia and New Zealand) when I bought it, this is another Cine-Asia production that appears to be region free (i.e., I can play it on my US of A cheapo Magnavox blu-ray player). However, just like the Detective Dee film, trying to play most of the extras, such as "deleted scenes," resulted in the same frantic "Not Support!!!" message. This is likely because most of the special features are in the PAL format which my poor console apparently can't handle. Again, the movie itself plays fine.

I play this on a 40 inch HD TV via HDMI hookup, and the quality appears to be as good as blu-ray cuts usually are, but not exceptionally so. This version (Cine-Asia blu-ray) is in Korean audio with English subtitles. It's a bit long at 136 minutes, but since I don't see a lot of Korean films, the costumes and settings are interesting enough so that when things are a bit slow I just enjoy looking at the differences. A good editor could probably tighten this up a bit, but you might lose some of the dense plot and make it even more confusing. In any case, it's the action and special effects sequences that make this a fun film to watch. Without giving much away, I particularly liked the creative use of paper as a magical element.

The modern day sequences in the movie reminded me, in a good way, quite a bit of Big Trouble in Little China. You have a humorously portrayed protagonist fighting ancient supernatural creatures in the streets of a modern city. I think they're both films in the same spirit of rollicking good fun not requiring a lot of intellectual analysis to enjoy. This movie goes on our Saturday night get-together with friends for watching a movie while eating pizza.

Oh. The giant goblin ninja bunny really rocks. Bunnies! If there were more, or longer, scenes with the giant goblin ninja bunny, I might have bumped this up to five stars even with all of the other issues.
0Comment| 11 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse| Permalink
What's this?

What are product links?

In the text of your review, you can link directly to any product offered on To insert a product link, follow these steps:
1. Find the product you want to reference on
2. Copy the web address of the product
3. Click Insert product link
4. Paste the web address in the box
5. Click Select
7. When your review is displayed on, this text will be transformed into a hyperlink, like so:Hamlet (The Pelican Shakespeare)