Oil month Automotive HPC Spring Reading Introducing Prime Wardrobe nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Always ad-free. Learn more. PCB for select Bang & Olufsen Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Mother's Day gifts Home Gift Guide Mother's Day gifts across Amazon Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Hostiles available to rent Hostiles available to rent Hostiles available to rent  Kids Edition Echo Dot Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now TG18PP_gno

VINE VOICEon August 13, 2000
I'm not a business person, and don't willingly read business books. Yet this one has something to offer, even to me.
These boys go about their research with serious intellectual integrity -- willing to let the evidence destroy their hypotheses and starting over with new ideas -- they come upon some deep and important truths about leadership. For example: Preserve the core philosophy, hold all else loosely. Look for ways to replace "either or" with "yes AND" Be a clockbuilder, not a timeteller.
Among other ideas. I don't know if what is here is profound in the business world, as I don't exist in the business world. But it is often the simplest of simple truths -- the kind we tend to overlook.
I read this as part of a staff of a campus ministry, and found it definitely helpful. I think any leader of ANYthing will find it helpful. If I ever go into business, I'll come back to it. There are no "quick steps to success" or get-rich plans, there is simple a strong philosophy of business clearly expressed.
As I said, the boys have done their research, and are eager to show it. The book bogs down when they cite example after example of how their "visionary companies" have illustrated the concepts they are putting forward --proving to me that they're right, but testing my patience at the same time.
0Comment| 10 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse| Permalink
What's this?