Industrial Deals Beauty Save up to 90% on textbooks STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning _baw _baw _baw  Introducing Echo Show Limited-time offer: All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

4.0 out of 5 stars Awesome when taken as directed!, January 24, 2012
This review is from: PreToxx for Hangovers - Natural Liver Support Supplement - With Prickly Pear, Milk Thistle, Cysteine & Electrolyte Blend - 60 Vegetarian Capsules (Health and Beauty)
I've tried this on 3 occasions now and the results from my experiments are as follows:
- Light drinking: took 2 tablets before and drank 4 beers. Felt great in the morning, but that wasn't much of a test
- Moderate drinking (mixed booze): took 4 tablets and drank 4 beers, 2 bourbons, 2 gin. Didn't drink any water with the alcohol and had a mild tinge of a headache that I normally attribute to being completely dehydrated. What I would have expected without the pretoxx is body aches until at least midday, moderate headache and a general feeling of slowness and laziness. Didn't experience any of it (except for the headache), very happy not to have body ache.
- Heavy drinking (mixed booze): took 4 tablets and had 2 beers, 4 bourbons, 4 gin and some champagne. What I would have expected without the pretoxx is severe body aches all day, severe headache and what I call Post Inebriated Anxiety (feelings of regret and general awfulness), and pretty much not leaving bed. I didn't get any body aches at all and more importantly had no PIA!

Best thing for me is to not get the anxiety I get if I drink heavily, bottle paid for itself in that one session. I do think not drinking any water at all is a mistake, maybe just a glass or two throughout the night would avert any ill feelings at all.

Big thumbs up!

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the guidelines and FAQs here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in
  [Cancel]

Comments

Track comments by e-mail
Tracked by 2 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-7 of 7 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 16, 2012, 1:42:14 PM PST
Michel says:
I found your review to be very helpful but it had me wondering, if you found the product to be so helpful, don't you think it warrants 5 stars? Or was there something that made you not actually love the product, lets say because of the price?

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 10, 2013, 12:50:15 PM PDT
Trystan says:
Well I didn't give it a 5 because it's not a 'magic bullet' for hangovers. It definitely works and really helped hangover symptoms, but I didn't feel comfortable giving out 5 stars for a product whose touted benefits are pretty subjective and situational.

Posted on Apr 14, 2014, 10:44:28 AM PDT
PCP777 says:
I'm glad somebody identified this. "Post Inebriated Anxiety (feelings of regret and general awfulness),"

I will try this product based on your review. I've also found that Vitamin B helps with PIA too.

Posted on Jun 16, 2014, 9:32:58 PM PDT
Krys says:
You post was incredibly helpful!

Posted on Nov 21, 2014, 12:23:36 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 21, 2014, 12:25:18 PM PST
Martinig Gal says:
This review is very helpful for me. Just as "Amazon Customer" says, PIA (love the term, hate the feeling), is worth the cost
of several boxes. Love your very scientific test (hehe), provided information that I need from time to time (like would have loved to have these on 11/19) on my post birthday celebration which turned into a very helpful "help lorraine get her move sorted out" until 2:00 am party, during which we continued to drink. I chose to change from vodka to tequilla (WHAT!!!), while my girls continued to drink their chardonnay.
At my age and medical condition it takes about 3 days to recover from a stomach hangover and PIA. I would love to wake up the next morning with just some cloudiness and a tiny bit of PIA, just to remind myself that more than a glass of wine or 2 is enough!
After reading this review I felt I could reach that state the next morning with my PreToxx for hangovers & Liver Support. I especially like the liver support part since I do have to take several Rx drugs which are doing my liver no favor! Going in the box today!

Posted on Jan 23, 2016, 2:31:36 PM PST
Jessica says:
OMG! I thought I was the only one who had anxiety the next day after drinking. I will be trying this, thank you so much!

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 24, 2016, 10:40:58 AM PDT