Shop Auto Winter Products Salon Beauty Best Books of the Year Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. Electronics Gift Guide Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop STEM Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video  Three new members of the Echo family Save $50 on All-New Fire HD 10. Limited-time offer. $30 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now HTL17_gno

on February 2, 2009
For the past 3 or so months all that I've been going to the gym for is to do some cardio on their bikes. Naturally, I was very skeptical of purchasing this bike since it is considerably smaller and with less settings, speeds and resistance levels compared to the Life Fitness bikes at my gym (LA Fitness). Also, for this price (I got it for $249) it almost seemed "too good to be true". Key word here is "almost" as it is good enough to be true and worthwhile for what you get.

Pros:
1. Size. It is not as intrusive as I thought. Definitely recommend to take precise measurements before you buy this. I did, and I was very happy with the way it looks. Non invasive and not too intrusive and sleek.
2. Quiet. The unit makes almost no noise. The only thing you hear is a quiet whisper as you turn the pedals. You also hear a very light crank sound when the unit switches between the lower and the maximum levels.
3. Comfortable. The seat is wide enough and soft enough that I can sit on it and work out for up to 90 minutes, break a good sweat and feel comfortable the entire time.
4. Assembly. Was relatively easy considering I did it all by myself. It took me close to an hour to get it all set up (and I am no expert).

Cons:
1. Resistance level. The highest resistance level is not much of a challenge (then again, this depends on your fitness level). I am sure that a pro biker will laugh at it while someone intermediate like myself will be OK with it as it provides a good cardio work out.
2. Seat adjustment. This might be an advantage to some people depending on tastes. But the way by which you adjust the seat is by a pressure/lock type mechanism. I don't know how this will hold out over the years but by then I might be sick of the machine and wish to replace it for something fancier.

Conclusion:
I gave it 4 stars because of the resistance level. But I definitely love working out on this bike, especially while I watch TV, the time flies by and I feel great after I'm done. If space and money are a concern, and if you don't need high resistance levels, then this is for you.

**UPDATE** 8/10/2010

The bike still works great after using it pretty regularly (not daily use, because I was commuting far for work). Only scare I had was a few months ago when the bike controls wouldn't respond and the resistance mode couldn't be changed. The timer worked fine and I almost flipped out. That said, I felt so stupid when I realized that all I needed to do was change the batteries on the back of the control panel. Worked as good as new! Still highly recommend!
0Comment| 57 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse| Permalink
What's this?