Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Year Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. Electronics Gift Guide $54.99 for a limited time only Try it first with samples Handmade Last Minute Gifts Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon JCVJ JCVJ JCVJ  All-new Echo Save $10 on Fire 7. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on July 8, 2012
When I was expecting my first baby I did quite a bit of research about gear-- I only wanted the absolute necessary items so that everything would fit in our very tiny apartment. The Summer Infant Comfy Bath Sponge has been the most useful item we bought (tied with the crib and stroller, I guess). I love that:

- When my baby was really small, I would fit it in the sink and bathe him lying down... much safer than using the tub. The plastic tubs and the slings on a frame wouldn't fit in the sink.
- It helps keep the slippery baby in place, and provides nice padding-- but leaves me elbow room. Tubs loose here too.
- Since the sponge gets lodged with water, baby doesn't get cold. And it doesn't float, so it stays in place.
- As the baby gets older, and starts moving more it keeps his head safely out of the water but his feet in where he can splash around.
- You can wring out most of the water in 10 seconds flat, hang it to dry over the curtain rod and by the next morning its dry.
- When we travel, I fold the sponge up and it fits in a 1 qt. ziploc bag!
- I've been using it daily for 9 months and no smell, mold, rips...

All of that for 7 bucks--- in my book that means 5 awesome stars and plenty of recommendations to every new mom to be.
22 comments| 152 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse| Permalink
What's this?