Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Month Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. STEM Limited time offer Try it first with samples Handmade Last Minute Gifts Holiday Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon JCVJ JCVJ JCVJ  Echo Devices starting at $29.99 Save $30 on All-New Fire HD 8. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on October 30, 2013
Wow! Wow, wow, wow!! This was incredible! Completely heartbreaking in soooo many ways, but so beautiful! I was a wreck all day when I finished it. I couldn't be around people because I kept bursting into fits of tears (the kind where you're gasping for air, the "ugly cry"); it was pretty embarrassing but so worth it. I had to go for a walk and sort everything out with Jesus because not only was I grieving fictional characters but I also felt personally convicted. What does love look like? It looks like something. Tris understood that. I think I'm still learning. At the same time, Veronica Roth encourages us that it's about the journey (not the destination); change takes time; love takes time, but in the end, it's worth all that you are. Love is reality, so I think that those who decide to bravely explore the last book of Divergent will embark upon a spiritual and emotional journey with Tris and Tobias as well as with themselves. I feel like this book propelled me into a better place with my Beloved because He is love and sacrifice and all things beautiful, and He loves to use books to speak to my heart. ;)
Similar to Mockingjay in the Hunger Games series, Allegiant moves a little slower than Divergent and Insurgent. Roth spends a lot of time establishing her dystopian world and what life looks like outside of the faction-filled city of Chicago as well as solidifying the relationship between Tris and Tobias, but the action is guaranteed at the end. Stick with it. All the description is completely necessary to answer all of our questions and to help us understand the extent of Tris' decision.
There are so many beautiful nuggets of truth hidden throughout this novel. Know that--even though I compared Allegiant to Mockingjay to help explain the pace--Allegiant is unlike any other book I have read... Roth does something really special and meaningful that many authors wouldn't have the guts to do... I don't think I could do it! Well, not in my own strength anyways.
Oh man, please read if you can handle it! So blessed!! ;)
0Comment| 32 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse| Permalink
What's this?