Your Garage Beauty LyingGame STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Book House Cleaning gotpremiere gotpremiere gotpremiere  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice winter gloves, May 6, 2012
This review is from: Heritage Gloves Extreme Winter Glove (Sports)
Lets get this out of the way, I have never ridden a horse. So if you are looking for opinions about using these gloves for their intended purpose of horseback riding then skip to the next review.

I was looking for some nice warm winter gloves that still left me with the dexterity to say, put my cell phone in my pocket without taking the gloves off. These gloves fit the bill. They are very warm but still flexible enough to be able to use my fingers pretty well. They also seem to be extremely durable as I imagine they would have to be to use them horseback riding.

I think the stretchy warm cuff of the glove that snugly fits your wrist has a lot to do with the warmth of these gloves as it seems to be pretty effective at trapping the heat in there.

They seem to be pretty water resistant. As a test I put them under my kitchen faucet and the water mostly just beaded off the glove.

Pros:
-Warm
-Good dexterity for the size of glove
-Kind of nice and a little high tech looking
-Pretty water resistant

Cons:
-A little pricey
-Don't have that nifty feature where you can use a cell phone touch screen with them on (not that I would fault them for not having that being that as far as I know horses aren't generally equipped with touch screen displays). I'm thinking of ordering some of that conductive thread and sewing it in to the fingers to make these touch screen compatible.

Side note: There is an older version of this glove out there with the same name and description. You can tell it's the older version based on the photos of the glove (they look somewhat different). The reviews that I read for the older one were fairly bad and they don't look as nice aesthetically so if you order the gloves somewhere just make sure the photo shows the new ones. You can see the new ones for reference on the manufacturers website.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the guidelines and FAQs here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in
  [Cancel]

Comments

Track comments by e-mail
Tracked by 1 customer

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-8 of 8 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Feb 5, 2013, 12:01:14 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 5, 2013, 12:03:57 PM PST
Blaskotron says:
Heritage website says these now work with phones. Index and thumb. Edit, this product may be the old one. Current one also has a zipper for a heat pack which should be in the photo.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 21, 2013, 9:22:41 PM PDT
Yeah, I got the version of the glove before they added the touchscreen compatibility. It's too bad, that would be great to have.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 22, 2013, 3:12:24 PM PST
Bryan says:
I would use them for riding horse, I might have to give hem a try.

Posted on Dec 17, 2013, 1:55:52 PM PST
I would think that owning a pair of these gloves might inspire me to ride a horse. What do you think?

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 4, 2014, 12:39:16 PM PST
Eric Rachut says:
go for it.

Posted on Nov 3, 2014, 9:33:05 PM PST
Phönix says:
I was shopping for $260 motorcycle gloves with lithium-battery heat, and then I saw these and can use chemical heat packs. So $29 seems super cheap rather than pricey.

Posted on Dec 2, 2014, 12:52:53 PM PST
A. Fournier says:
Was thinking of getting battery powered gloves, but maybe these would fit the bill. Even with lighter weight gloves I find it difficult to use my touch screen. So I just got a little tiny stylus from the dollar store, and plugs into the earphone jack when not in use. I can use it with thick gloves no problem.

Posted on Nov 18, 2015, 5:10:03 AM PST
The ones that I received had touchscreen capable thumbs. I bought them thinking they would not be touch capable and was surprised.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›