Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc New Album by The Lone Bellow PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

on December 13, 2012
I am ecstatic about my new purchase of the iMac. What a fabulous computer. For the first time in 20 years I have walked away from Microsoft windows and it's continual crashing.
So here's what I think about this wonderful machine:

Pros:
Unbelievably clear high definition screen, which is super thin. Clarity is awesome!
Fast processer 2.9 Ghz and 8 gig Ram
Takes up very little room on the desk.
Looks very sleek and modern (as my husband stated "The future is here")
Sound is really wonderful. Who knew that built in speakers could sound that good?
Magic Mouse is superb. You slide your fingers in any direction and it slides your screens across. Think Ipad
Keyboard is nice, but it could be better.
Awesome, and I mean awesome customer service! I spent an hour on the phone with an apple rep and he very patiently showed me the differences and similarities to windows. So very helpful. It's so worth buying the $169 apple care with is a warrantee for three years with unlimited tech support. I never usually go for warrantees but this time, it's totally worth it. He even saved me over $100 by showing me I did not need Adobe Acrobat Pro, as their Adobe Apple Product does exactly what I needed the Pro for. This guy really deserves flowers and chocolates.
Lessons at the apple store several times a week. I have not attended one, but intend to.
There are 4 USB ports and 2 other ports for firewire, I believe.
Well priced portable CD/DVD drive under $80 with a USB connector. Also sleek and high tech. It's all you need for loading the occasional software, although apple makes it easy to download everything you need from online.
I was worried about transferring all my precious folders within folders from windows, but once I knew how (thank you customer support guy) it was easy and quick to get my files across.
ICloud syncs all your contacts across from your iphone and ipad.

Cons:
Keyboard is a bit small and different, so I still have to look down to find things like '?' and '@'. It's just a little different and takes getting used to. For instance, I haven't found a backspace button, but the Delete button seems to have the same functionality used in combination with the arrow left and right button.
Getting used to the Mac OS as it is different, and in all fairness, for long time apple users, this would not be a con.

All in all, I now understand what Windows 8 was all about, and it's a far cry from the Mac OS. If this is your first Mac, then they do have some great beginner videos in the online help as well as the wonderful customer service rep. Would I recommend this? Yes! Yes! Yes! I'm trying to find the $$$ to replace my home PC now.
44 comments| 103 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse| Permalink
What's this?

What are product links?

1. Find the product you want to reference on Amazon.com
2. Copy the web address of the product
3. Click Insert product link
4. Paste the web address in the box
5. Click Select

Please write at least one word
You must purchase at least one item from Amazon to post a comment
A problem occurred while submitting your comment. Please try again later.

There was a problem loading comments right now. Please try again later.