Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Month Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon MMM MMM MMM  Three new members of the Echo family Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop now TG18SW_gno

on July 12, 2009
I thought my husband was joking when he said he was going to buy these for me. He proved to me that they were a real item but I was way too skeptical to order them. I had them on my "buy later" list here at Amazon for months. And for months I cried & sweated & blinked my way into submission. I finally broke down & ordered them.
Not only do I love the color, but I love the design! They are not "goggles" in the sense of a thick, rubber strap wrapped around your head, leaving an indentation in your freshly coifed hair. They go on just like a pair of sunglasses which can be done with one hand after I've started cutting & then realize I forgot to put them on. The storage case isn't a cheap piece of plastic that has to be chainsawed open. It's a handy, semi-pliable plastic that fits easily in the small drawer of measuring spoons right below my prep area. It has a magnetized "button" that can be released with one hand & allows removal of the goggles without picking up the case. I've tried every suggestion I've ever heard to keep from tearing up when slicing onion & nothing has ever been foolproof until this product. The lenses are lined with a generous amount of foam padding that allows the goggles to fit snugly to a variety of facial structures without discomfort. They are so comfortable that I've even worn them for extended periods without realizing it. The biggest test for me was a recipe that requires grating an entire onion. Usually I would cry until dinner was made just from having that grated onion sitting there waiting to be added. My husband has been in another room & commenting on how strong the onion is but I've been happy & clear-eyed the whole time with the onion goggles. The most surprising part of using these was that I was able to breathe through my nose while working with onions. I've taken deep enough breaths with the goggles to burn the inside of my nose & my throat but not even an itch in my eye. This item is something no kitchen should be without. Forget saving your eye makeup & saving time not having to fan your face or run out the back door to get fresh air. Being able to have clear vision while using a sharp knife is the only reason you need to click, "Buy Now".
What's this?