BCA Month Salon Beauty Fall Reading Hallo nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited Electronics Gift Guide $69.99 Handmade Gift Shop hgg17 Save $30 on a Deep Cleaning Appointment outlanders3premiere outlanders3premierealtText Watch Outlander on Starz with Amazon Channels outlanders3premierealtText Watch Outlander on Starz with Amazon Channels  Three new members of the Echo family Now shipping All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on November 15, 2011
I purchased this watch for my 91 yr old mother. Her last watch was not working, and could not even be wound.

I had previously purchased her the (not the one I just referred to) a Timex "Easy Reader" watch. However, despite the name of that watch, THIS watch, the "Womens' Weekender" has a much larger face. The face is 38mm and the "Easy Reader's face is 25mm. ( Timex Women's T2H341 Easy Reader Black Leather Strap Watch 25mm dial face).

I think Timex should consider reversing the names of these two watches!

The purple strap for the Weekend watch (there are several colors) is a DARK purple, not bright. It almost appears black.

Main thing is my mother loves it. Or, as she put it: "For the first time in two years I can read the watch!"

The strap fits well. She has small wrists, and the strap does not look inappropriate, in my opinion. It has enough holes for the watch to be placed where she needs it, and it is not too large, doesn't slide around on her arm. Nor did I need to cut off part of the strap so that it would not appear far too long.

I would suggest Timex make available a leather or faux leather band, but not discontinue the current straps. Some people prefer the leather appearance on the watch. The current strap is a soft, light material, and the entire watch is not too heavy or clunky as some are.

I have to say we're both very happy so far with the Weekender Watch.
0Comment| 22 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse| Permalink
What's this?