Oil month Automotive HPC Best Books of the Month Introducing Prime Wardrobe nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Country Heat PCB for select Bang & Olufsen Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Mother's Day gifts Home Gift Guide Mother's Day gifts across Amazon Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Hostiles available to rent Hostiles available to rent Hostiles available to rent  Kids Edition Echo Dot Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop now Start your Baby Registry

on March 1, 2011
It's difficult enough to just be a teenager anymore, but what if you're told that you are a king/queen from another world?

This fantasy/sci-fi story follows the quest to overthrow the evil Magi and restore the Elementi to power by reuniting the children of the Elementi, teenagers who have control over the elements: fire, air, water, earth, and in this book, spirit.

Most of the kids are residents of our world, hidden here when they were very young. Some were still living on Eleria, oblivious of their heritage. When the one of the kids determines the other heirs are coming of age and starting to tap into their powers, she takes it upon herself to search them out. One by one they are found and drawn together to complete their destiny.

I liked this book, and would recommend it to anyone that likes a good fantasy story with a lot of sci-fi thrown in. However, I would make a recommendation to future readers. Dedicate some time to read this. Try not to put it down too much. Speaking from experience, I would pick this book up, read a chapter or two, then put it down later, and not come back to it for a day or two. Then, when I started to read it again, I found that I had to backtrack quite a bit so that I could follow along again. The longer I read at one outing, the easier it was.

I found it a little odd that kids that were raised as normal teenagers could accept and master their new powers that fast. I would have liked to see more detail as how the Matrix worked and how the new heirs were able to interact with it that easily. One explanation could be, maybe, that more time had elapsed than I thought.

Either way, I always appreciate a good book where I can easily picture the scene in my head, which I was able to do. I've been reading so many fantasy stories that it was nice to see some sci-fi thrown in. Makes me realize how much I love this genre.

Good job, Ceri!