Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Little FIres Everywhere Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Trade in. Get paid. Go shopping. Shop Now ToyHW17_gno

on November 26, 2003
Perhaps you can or cannot believe you're eyes, but 5 Stars is exactly what this season deserves. And weather you listen to what James Brunner wrote earlier or not you should be able to see why may reviews are so positive. From the lame `Buffy vs. Dracula' to the spiritual `The Gift' this inventive and amazing TV program deserves 5 stars.
Now I am not one of those folks who've watched Buffy since Season 1. In point of fact I used to date a Buffy-fan who could not get me to take the show seriously (to her dismay). But one day, about a year and a half ago, I was looking for something to background my poster making (the poster's not important, but thanks for asking) and I was sick of all my music. So `on' went the t.v. and I fell upon one of the many times a day that FX plays episodes of Buffy. It seemed as likely candidate for background noise, and I was already somewhat familiar with the characters. But by the end of that hour my poster lay very undone I felt just about as sad and moved by a fictitious program as I can ever remember. The episode was `The Body' and to this day I cannot believe it took me until Season 6 to start watching Buffy. But on the plus side I had only to watch FX to catch up on what I had missed. All seasons no waiting ;)
I'm not here to say that this, or any other, season of is perfect. I can't say that johngift's review and insight was any truer then nat9761's or the anonymous writer of "The sharks are in the water..." But I do know that I have found precious little Mutant Enemy productions that were not simply great TV. And I'm a TV-Head from way back. But WOW! Buffy is somethin' else, and to think I used to think that Moonlighting was the best thing to have happened to TV.
Heck I can't say I love all the seasons equally (the 7th had some disappointingly lame moments) but that, I think, is one of the reasons that Buffy is such a good show. It's very natural in it's evolution. It moves and changes not just from season to season, or episode to episode, but within a single scene. And watching the cheese of Dracula can be as much fun as the hardcore emotional wrenching that "The Body" gives you. It's simply one of the Best TV shows ever made. Don't take my word on it; watch it for yourself. Laugh, cry, and walk away knowing that there are heroes out there and they are just like the rest of us: Doing our best not to be sucked into the Hellmouth.
And just wait, if u thought the 5th was interesting the 6th might just make u reevaluate the whole shebang. My favorite of the seasons is different, dark, and beautifully uncomfortable. With episodes that can only come from likes of Mutant Enemy.
0Comment| 13 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse| Permalink
What's this?

What are product links?

1. Find the product you want to reference on Amazon.com
2. Copy the web address of the product
3. Click Insert product link
4. Paste the web address in the box
5. Click Select

Please write at least one word
You must purchase at least one item from Amazon to post a comment
A problem occurred while submitting your comment. Please try again later.

There was a problem loading comments right now. Please try again later.