Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon MozartintheJungle MozartintheJungle MozartintheJungle  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis Shop Now FFII_gno

on December 29, 2011
Well, they're a good value if you buy them here, they're a little on the pricey side at a parts store. I must admit, I used to work at a parts store, and I thought people were crazy paying performance pad money for these non-performance pads. Then I actually splurged on some Hawk pads for both my vehicles. They had TONS of dust, enough that I could see it on the black steel rims on my truck, they squealed worse than any other pad I've used, and I honestly didn't notice any extra bite with them. I didn't keep exact track of how long they were on my Civic, but it seemed like less than I expect out of brake pads, probably 20k miles or so.

I wanted something decent, but wasn't going to gamble another $80 or so on Hawks, EBCs, or any other flavor of the month. I tried a set of Thermoquiets, and they're quiet, and have great feel to them. Strong, but not grabby. They seem to be better on dust and pad life, too. For the price, especially if you pick up open-boxes from Warehouse Deals, they can't be beat with a stick. I mean, I guess you could beat them with a stick, but it wouldn't accomplish much.

I just slapped this pair on my new(er) Subaru, and again, the feel is awesome. Whatever was on the car when I bought it felt like they were greased, and had really poor modulation- almost no grab until you mash the pedal, and then the ABS kicks in. For the record, the 929As are in fact ceramic, despite the description.
0Comment| 13 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse| Permalink
What's this?

What are product links?

1. Find the product you want to reference on Amazon.com
2. Copy the web address of the product
3. Click Insert product link
4. Paste the web address in the box
5. Click Select

Please write at least one word
You must purchase at least one item from Amazon to post a comment
A problem occurred while submitting your comment. Please try again later.

There was a problem loading comments right now. Please try again later.