Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Little FIres Everywhere STEM nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited GNO for iPhone 8 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now PSFF17_gno

on February 27, 2012
Maybe it was because my expectations were so high, but this book was a disappointment. I got it as an audio book to listen to on the treadmill and sometimes turned it off before my workout was over.

Because of the review I heard on NPR, I was expecting a dark comedy, but there really wasn't any humor of any kind that I could detect. Being an audio book, the lack of humor could have been due to the tone of the narrator.(But since I've even managed to enjoy books read by Dick Estell, I don't think that is the case.)

Perrota presented some interesting scenarios, but I felt like he couldn't decide whether this was a serious examination or a satire of human reaction to an inexplicable catastrophic event. A friend had an interesting observation which I agree with - "They thought the selection was random, but it was actually all the boring people who were left behind."
11 comment| 7 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse| Permalink
What's this?

What are product links?

1. Find the product you want to reference on Amazon.com
2. Copy the web address of the product
3. Click Insert product link
4. Paste the web address in the box
5. Click Select

Please write at least one word
You must purchase at least one item from Amazon to post a comment
A problem occurred while submitting your comment. Please try again later.

There was a problem loading comments right now. Please try again later.