Industrial Deals Salon Beauty Best Books of the Year Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Listen for a chance to win STEM Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon soul2soul soul2soul soul2soul  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on October 22, 2003
I wondered when I watched the trailer for Scary Movie 3 why I was laughing so hard. Sure I enjoyed the first two films, but they seemed... amateurish. Yeah, I know the entire series is nothing but crass, low-brow humor, but that trailer was SO funny. I found myself on the Internet Movie Database ([...]) trying to figure it out. Much to my surprise, I found David Zucker (one of the three masterminds behind Airplane!) directing and writing AND Kevin Smith producing and writing the film. Zounds!
I don't know why or how the Wayans brothers aren't involved, but frankly it's for the better. The movie is absolutely hilarious. Oh sure, there are jokes so obvious they are like seeing a jumbo jet landing in your front yard, but there are also enough surprises that catch you off guard to more than make up for that.
The "plot" purees The Ring, Signs and Eight Mile into a mismatch of parody and slap-stick well enough that you wish the Zuckers and Jim Abrahams would get back together and come up with one more. This is mostly for two scenes that sustain laughs so long they actually hurt. Don't get me wrong. This nothing more than stupid, sophomoric humor, but when in the hands of talented comedic film makers, it becomes a film that demands repeated viewings much like Airplane! and Top Secret. In other words, a laugh riot.
33 helpful votes