Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Year Womens Ski Trip Essentials nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc New year, new music. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade 2018 Planners modern furniture and decor Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Shop movie deals exclusively for Prime members on Amazon Video Shop movie deals exclusively for Prime members on Amazon Video Shop movie deals exclusively for Prime members on Amazon Video  Echo Dot Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Paperwhite The Evil Within 2 Shop now

on August 2, 2009
Years ago I had one of the round dehydrators with the drying unit on the bottom. This one is great because the drying unit is on the top. No more liquids dripping down onto the operational part of the unit. It has a plastic tray to catch the drips. I also like the square shape. I am able to get more on each tray compared to the round tray design. The plastic screens are round though. I did like the review from someone here suggesting using plastic mesh from the craft store. Wish I had seen that before I ordered my extra ones. I also like that it is quieter than the one I used to have. I have dried tomatoes, carrots and herbs so far. Jerky is next on the list.

Update: I still use this dehydrator. But I would no longer recommend it if you are going to do alot of dehydrating. I spent the extra money and bought an Excalibur and it is amazing how more efficient it is compared to the Nesco square dehydrator. While I liked having the fan element on the top away from any drips it is not as efficient as the Excalibur's fan that blows the air across the trays instead of vertically through all the trays and the wet food. The Excalibur is noisier than the Nesco.

Bottom line: If noise is a bigger issue than efficiency for you then get the Nesco. If efficiency is more important than noise and you will be dehydrating a lot then splurge for the Excalibur with the horizontal blowing air.
1818 comments| 843 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse| Permalink
What's this?