Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Year Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. Electronics Gift Guide Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon soul2soul soul2soul soul2soul  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop now HTL17_gno

on May 31, 2011
The Sims 3: Generations is the fourth expansion pack the the Sims 3 series and I must say, it's pretty good. I got it on the day of its release via Amazon. Now I'm no game reviewer as I'm more of a music reviewer (aspiring music journalist here) but I'll try my best to describe this game. Like with most expansion packs for the Sims, make sure you got your favorite families or games backed up on CD-Rs or whatever you back them up on. I've been doing this since Ambitions came out a year ago since I learned the hard way when one of the sims in my family wasn't moving. Alright, now to the game itself.

The theme for this expansion pack revolves around the idea of life and growing up. I found this interesting for EA to base an entire expansion pack on. What about the users who like having one sim families? Well, I guess you would get some things out of the new objects. If you're a user who likes to make families and have them go on and on, this might be the expansion pack for you. Your sims will get to keep memories of their lives (examples: Marriage, birth of a child, death, first kiss,prom etc). If you can remember in the Sims 2, your sims did get to have memories. This takes that idea and expands it. Memories can also be shared through the Sims 3 website and even Facebook! The only negative with the memories feature is that it may get annoying after a while. Also, I found this to be a bit funny: after you install the game, your sims will experience their "firsts" in just about anything. For example, my teenage sims, just about to be a young adult, kept his memory of his first day in school (when I know it isn't because he's been to school plenty of times before this expansion pack was released!).

New features are built around sims for all ages but for some reason, I feel like most of them are targeted for child and teen sims. For child sims, they'll get to have a bunch of new things such as see-saws, slip n slides, tree houses, and other things. There's also the interesting addition of imaginary friends. When your sim is just born, they will receive a gift in the mail. Its a doll, which you can give a name and have your toddler sim play with. As your sim grows up, so does your imaginary friend, based on your relationship. I'm also reading that if you keep a good relationship with your imaginary friend, they can have the chance to become real! For teen sims, they'll get to go to prom and even graduate high school. However, there's one disadvantage here with being a teen sim: teen sims can't automatically drive anymore! They have to now ask their parents for lessons! The lessons don't take very long (like 3 skill points to complete). As for other sims, there's a new chemistry set like thing. You can make potions that can help or hurt your sims. Your sims can also give other sims gifts, which is nice to see return!

These are just a couple of things you can do with The Sims 3: Generations. So far, I'm enjoying it. When you get it and open the case, you might be a little disappointed: there's still no $10 card for the online store, which is easy to get over. However, the booklet that comes with the game is barely even a booklet. I think the same goes for the Outdoor Living stuff pack: it just comes with an installation guide. Personally, the booklets have helped me and seeing this removed is sad. Still, The Sims 3: Generations is a great addition to the Sims 3 series.
100 helpful votes