Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Year Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Listen for a chance to win PCB for Musical Instruments $34.99 for a limited time only Try it first with samples Handmade Gift Shop Holiday Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TNF TNF TNF  Echo Devices starting at $29.99 Save $30 on All-New Fire HD 8. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now HTL17_gno

on May 7, 2012
This handsome, well-illustrated book is full of recipes which do not simply use cheese to add texture or to enhance savory-ness -- here we have 223 pp of recipes in which cheese is(almost always) the center of the dish.

And to be honest, I'm not the best cook when it comes to cheese. I've prepared a number of dishes in which I included quality cheese only to find that the uniqueness of that cheese's flavor and texture was overwhelmed by everything else in the dish.

So, while I appeciated a chapter about pairing wine with cheese and I cruised through the cheese board chapter, I found the the "meat" of the book to be some fabulous recipes. My current favorites are Baked Apples with Camembert and Dipping Potatoes, a recipe for goat cheese Di Pura Capra wrapped in Speck, the Parmagiano Popovers, the Lasagna with Asparagus, and -- to my great surprise -- a recipe for Celery Soup. Celery Soup!

Soon to be conquered -- Shepherd's Pie with Roquefort Mash.

I'd also like to praise the publisher for publishing this with both US and UK measurements.
What's this?