Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Year Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. Electronics Gift Guide $54.99 for a limited time only Try it first with samples Handmade Last Minute Gifts Holiday Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo Devices starting at $29.99 Save $30 on All-New Fire HD 8. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite Assassin's Creed Origins Shop Now HTL17_gno

on October 22, 2004
This is a CD very special to me for reasons I'm about to explain. First off, my story about how I got into Christina... During the time she first came out, I was 'musically retarted' and almost never listened to any music. I'm unsure why, but maybe because I saw music in general as lyrically explicit or too much rap; teenybopper music was another form of music I had against, and this was how Christina started out, so I was not a fan from the beginning. After I graduated from HS in 2002, I had just started regularly listening to music, and I was soon listening to decent pop/rock bands like Ace of Base, Smash Mouth, Blink-182, and A*Teens.

Last Thanksgiving 2003, I was remembering how the "Dirrty" music video had so much media attention when it came out the year before. When I first saw it, I thought of Christina as just a Britney Spears wannabe. I was bored one day around this time and decided just for the heck of it to listen to a 30 sec sample clip at Wal-Mart.com of "Dirrty." It turned out to be the most catchy song I had ever heard of and was listening to the full song around 45 minutes daily for two months! After *finally* beginning to grow tired of "Dirrty", I checked out "Beautiful" next and loved it, then "The Voice Within", and finally "Can't Hold Us Down." After listeing to those songs in full, it was January 2004 when I decided to purchase her CD, feeling very confident that I will love the rest of the songs and would be worth every cent. And I was very right.

I was reading a recent review here on Amazon about this album by "Foxy" from, I think, October 12? It was his/her final sentence that inspired me to take the time and write this review. He/she said that this album helped him through hard times, and this is one of the major reasons I find this CD a special treasure to me. My mom has been seriously ill this whole year and was in a major hospital twice for a very long time each time she was there. And I would be there every chance I got when I wasn't working and even during the hardest times there, I would put this CD in my player and it helped make me feel better and kept me entertained through emotionally difficult times.

Another major reason for this CD being my favorite is that it proves that Christina has one of the best singing voices the music business has EVER had. She can do many things with her voices that others can't, especially the high notes. Not only her voice is truly amazing, but her music is, too. She can sing any type of music she wants, and she does exactly that on this album. Here, she does pop, rock, classical, jazz, hip-hop, ballads, slow songs, gospel, you name it!!

Now I understand Christina's music, image, and her life's history, so I can't criticize her like some others do. As mentioned before, I got the CD in January and I am still not tired of it. Though, I AM ready for her next album which she is currently working on now. It's assumed to be 1930s and 40s flavored jazz and soul music, and she's already changed her image from a "Dirrty Girl" to the Marilyn Monroe type classic-Hollywood style.

Thank you, Christina. Your highly-developed, state-of-the-art CD has influenced my taste in music and you continue to amaze me. Never stop what you are doing.
What's this?