446 of 481 people found the following review helpful
Variety rules the day at Keurig
, October 5, 2006
This review is from: Keurig B70 Platinum Brewing System (Kitchen)
Being one who loves convenient, but great tasting coffee, I've bought several single-serve coffee machines. The Home Cafe, My Bunn Cafe, and the most recent, Tassimo.
They all worked quite well, considering how "new" they were to the field, and how fresh the field really was at the time, for consumers. I was happy with each purchase(save the Home Cafe, which had a serious mechanical flaw).
I'm not going to spend all my time just comparing the Keurig machine; I'm simply going to say "I wish I'd bought one of these[any Keurig machine] earlier". It meets almost all the desires I had in a single-serve coffee machine.
- Tons of variety in K-cups (which actually can be difficult, I didn't know where to start or what to try!)
- Simple to use
- Beautiful, functional design
- 4 brew size choices
- Keeps water hot for the next cup instead of waiting until you fiddle with the machine
- Can be used with a custom filter K-Cup so you can brew any coffee you like (I'm looking forward to using this with tea too!)
- Much quieter than some machines I've used (the Tassimo is freakishly loud in my opinion)
Those are just some reasons I love this machine. The fact that it makes very good coffee is a big plus too, right? It seems as if the coffee from the Keurig machine tastes less "burnt" than most single serve coffee I've had in the past.
My biggest complaint is the cost. Whether it's worth $200 to you or not, is entirely up to YOU. If you're as obsessed with quick, easy, tasty coffee like I am, maybe you'll agree that it is worth it.
I'm a happy customer, either way. ;)
Help other customers find the most helpful reviews
Was this review helpful to you?