Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Year Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. STEM $54.99 for a limited time only Handmade Gift Shop Holiday Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon MMM MMM MMM  Echo Devices starting at $29.99 Save $30 on All-New Fire HD 8. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now HTL17_gno

on June 4, 2008
My husband and I pre-ordered Wii Fit months ago. I've been playing for about two weeks now, and we've also had family members from a lot of age groups hop on and try it out.

I was really pleased with the balance board and with the layout of the game. I like that it keeps track of your weight, bmi and helps you set goals. I always break a sweat when I play, and I generally play for half an hour.

That being said, there is no way Wii Fit will replace a strong cardio workout. I think their aerobic activities are fun, but doubt they can take the place of the treadmill or bike at the gym. I also live in an apartment, and a lot of the aerobics activities (for example, running in place) create floor noise. This won't be a problem for people on the ground floor, but it is for us.

However, the exercises accompanied by the trainer - strength training and yoga - are well put together. The balance board can sense your form and your trainer than offers informed feedback about how you can improve. The exercises are challenging, the trainers are encouraging, and you're reminded to keep breathing and keep form while doing the exercises.

The balance exercise games are, by far, the favorite activities of the kids we had hop on the balance board, and they played those games over and over trying to get the best score they could. Meanwhile, yoga tended to win out for the adult women.

I don't think Wii Fit will help me lose much weight, but I think it's a great addition to a solid cardio workout and an easy way to get the less active among us (like myself) to huff and puff and start to feel better about our bodies.
What's this?