Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Weekly One ft Nina Nesbitt PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now FFII_gno

on March 2, 2013
It's hard for me to say enough great things about these boots. I initially bought them while I was in college in upstate NY, where winters are long and snowy and springs are wet and muddy. I thought they were a decent-looking pair of comfortable boots i wouldn't mind wearing to class on poor-weather days. What I never expected was how well and how long they would perform in a wide range of fairly demanding scenarios.

Not only have I worn them walking up hill to class, but I have put countless miles hiking in the Adirondacks in NY, Green Mountains in VT, White Mountains in NH, desert hills in Baja California and snowy treks in Utah. Plus I have worn them 4-wheeling, mountain biking and fishing (ankle-deep submerged for extended periods of time), all without ever having a problem or wishing I had a different pair!

Last year my parents' and grandparents' houses flooded, and I spent hundreds of hours working in the water, mud, sand, you name it, carrying refrigerators, washer/dryers, kitchen sinks, etc. out of their houses. I never had a leak or rolled an anke, or even felt sore in my feet. They have fabulous support, padded ankles, durable natural leather, and are incredibly lightweight. What more could you need in a boot??!!

I often go out looking for new hiking boots, thinking that a more technical pair would suit my outdoor activities. But after almost 5 years of wearing them, I could not be happier and just bought my second pair. I can't wait to see where they take me!

As a side note, I was on the phone with my Dad the other day, who said he had to go help someone with a new property on top of hill (it's winter). He mentioned that he tore through his last pair and didn't have an real boots, so I told him to look in the back of my closet for a pair of beat up brown Timberlands (the ones I bought in college 5 years ago)... He reported that they were fantastic and asked if he could keep wearing them. So even 5 years old second-hand these things perform like a champ.
11 comment| 249 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse| Permalink
What's this?

What are product links?

1. Find the product you want to reference on Amazon.com
2. Copy the web address of the product
3. Click Insert product link
4. Paste the web address in the box
5. Click Select

Please write at least one word
You must purchase at least one item from Amazon to post a comment
A problem occurred while submitting your comment. Please try again later.

There was a problem loading comments right now. Please try again later.