Oil month Automotive World Book Day Introducing Prime Wardrobe nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Always ad-free. Learn more. GNO for Samsung S9 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home Gift Guide Mother's Day gifts across Amazon Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon westworldS2 westworldS2 westworldS2  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now TG18PP_gno

on June 15, 2007
When I started on my "Amazon watch search" I had a pretty good idea of what I needed. It had to be a watch with an assortment of characteristics. Essentially three, i. e., bracelet, dial, and date feature.

I like the metal bracelet, not the leather, rubber or vinyl straps, since the excess strap bothers me when I write. Being an MD and a concerned husband, I don't like to flash the light on my patients while they sleep or at my wife when our room is dimmed; so fluorescent time hands and an easy to read dial is a must. The last "conditio sine qua non" was that the watch displays clearly the day of the month. Since I can never remember it.

I was doubtful about a "divers style" model since my wrist's diameter is not too large, reason for which I was looking for a "dressy style." But the Invicta caught my attention. The shape is clean, wearable for every occasion and it incorporates all the essentials on my list. It is sober without looking cheap.

There are a few bonuses, now I can shower without being worried of water filtering into the case. The time piece is quartz accurate, and doesn't need me shacking my wrist to wind it, or hand winding myself. It's somewhat heavy compared to my other watches but a few seconds is all it takes to get used to. The solid stainless band with diver buckle and safety clasp assure it will never fall off by accident. The screw down security crown is an innovation in my world, it must be a plus of divers while for me it's OK.

There surged only one problem which I solved with a pair of fine hand pliers. I had to take apart a few links off the band. As the little pins are taken, some got loose and with everyday use they started to protrude from their pin holes. With the set of fine pliers I made a little twist and inserted them again. So far the problem has been solved. Oh, one comment, Invicta is a swiss watch company, but the machine says "Japan Movement." So, what's the deal here?

Essentially this Invicta time piece is quite straight forward, not too many "bells and whistles" so, I can not generalize my experience to more complex models with "moon dial" and other gizmos. It is just what I wanted, at a great price, no frills added. I hope a few months from today, when I go over this review, I will feel as satisfied as I am.
11 comment| 14 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse| Permalink
What's this?