Industrial Deals Beauty MagazinestoInspire STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Amazon Echo now $99.99 Limited-time offer: All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $79.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

on July 5, 2006
I was looking for something lightweight and fast-drying to use on my travels this summer. I chose this towel because I am not fond of how the looped microfiber towels like Aquis feel on my skin, and I thought Packtowl's products were overpriced. Made from a chamois-type material that is soft to touch (and stays that way), the Rick Steves towel did great as I hopped from hostels to campgrounds to friends' houses to hotel rooms.

I found this towel big enough to comfortably dry me head to toe and still absorbent enough after that to towel-dry my shoulder-length hair, before becoming too damp to use. It would be more luxurious if the cloth were about 1/3 more absorbent than it is, but for the purpose (a small and lightweight towel), it's very good. The towel dries very fast in the sun and quickly enough indoors (never had it take longer than 2 hours).

This towel comes in a mesh bag with zippered pockets on either side and a snap-loop strap -- I kept my travel-size shampoo, liquid soap, etc. zipped in one side, the towel in the other. That meant I never got into the shower to find that I'd left a necessity back in my room/tent/car. And the snap-loop was very handy for showers that had no shelves.

I've laundered this towel several times now and have not seen any color bleed problems with it. Now that I'm off the road for a little while, I'll be using it at the gym instead! Great value for a towel that should last a long time.
0Comment| 48 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse| Permalink
What's this?

What are product links?

1. Find the product you want to reference on Amazon.com
2. Copy the web address of the product
3. Click Insert product link
4. Paste the web address in the box
5. Click Select

Please write at least one word
You must purchase at least one item from Amazon to post a comment
A problem occurred while submitting your comment. Please try again later.

There was a problem loading comments right now. Please try again later.