Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Tailgating PSFF17_gno

on September 4, 2008
Although the card is fine, which I the main reason I purchased, the reader doesn't appear to be properly recognized on any USB port on either my desktop or laptop, both running XP. Both computers 'see' the drive and I can navigate to the files on the card, however, if I try to copy any files to the card, I get a message indicating the card is locked...which it isn't...I've set the lock on the card to both positions several times to make sure. The card reads fine in the built in SD reader on my laptop and through a SanDisk reader plugged into my desktop.

I tried downloading the driver and app from the Transcend website but it aborts because it doesn't 'see' that the reader is attached...tried it with the card in and with the card out...same result.

If the main reason you're buying this combo is the nice little reader, you might think twice.
99 comments| 80 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse| Permalink
What's this?

What are product links?

1. Find the product you want to reference on Amazon.com
2. Copy the web address of the product
3. Click Insert product link
4. Paste the web address in the box
5. Click Select

Please write at least one word
You must purchase at least one item from Amazon to post a comment
A problem occurred while submitting your comment. Please try again later.

There was a problem loading comments right now. Please try again later.