Your Garage Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Book House Cleaning gotpremiere gotpremiere gotpremiere  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

5.0 out of 5 stars Vizio 60" Razor LED HDTV - Great Buy!, October 13, 2012
This review is from: VIZIO E601i-A3 60-inch 1080p Razor LED Smart HDTV (2013 Model) (Electronics)
I purchased this TV from Sam's club for slightly less than what it is listed for on Amazon. The biggest headache with this TV was installing the wall mount to my wall (which has nothing to do with the TV). I was pleased to find that the screws to install the wall mount were already included with the TV, since the TV is really thin in profile. They worked perfect. So far, this TV is awesome! There was a little worry, at first, when I initially connected my cable box as I could only get 720p resolution. I was not pleased with the picture. Very disappointed, in fact. Then, I did some research and got my settings to send 1080i HD from my box... TA-DA! Picture is great! It was easy to get the wifi connected in the guide setup. Started using Netflix, YouTube, etc. immediately. The picture is even better when watching videos from the net apps.... YES, even better! I was stunned by the clarity of the app videos, and how well it streams media. I did have to change the smoothing to Medium, as Harry Potter Deathly Hallows looked like a dark soap opera. That was the only setting that I needed to change from factory. And the sound (w/o) external theatre sound was satisfactory. I watched a TNF game and I had to turn around and look behind me as the built-in surround made the announcer in the stadium sound as if he were behind me (across the room from the TV). The apps are intuitive and easy to use. The remote control is great... the full qwerty keyboard on the reverse side saves you from pointing to letters and clicking on each one. The ability to type in your email, search term, etc. removes any annoyances from the experience. Lastly, for the price, you cannot find a better LED TV this size. So far, I am beyond pleased with my purchase. I can only imagine when I connect the external sound system to it. I am recommending this TV for ANYONE looking to purchase a TV. Right now, it is THE best bang for the buck. You absolutely WILL enjoy this entertainment experience.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the guidelines and FAQs here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in
  [Cancel]

Comments

Track comments by e-mail
Tracked by 5 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 19 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Oct 14, 2012, 9:16:47 AM PDT
Bacchus says:
How is the pic from an angle? I have a Sony 40" HDTV now and there is hardly any loss in pic quality from an angle so I am hoping that this one is good too.

Thanks for posting your review!

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 14, 2012, 7:09:39 PM PDT
DWatkins says:
Ok, so I tested it out tonight watching some games and a movie. Absolutely zero degradation when viewing from ~45* angle. And I mean zero. The viewing experience is still enjoyable. I hope this answers your question.

Posted on Oct 19, 2012, 3:49:17 AM PDT
A. Smith says:
I just bought this TV last night and am having the EXACT same issue with the 720p resolution. Please help because I'm currently NOT pleased with the picture but can't figure out how to get it to 1080i HD. I otherwise love this sleek looking TV.

Posted on Nov 15, 2012, 8:22:06 AM PST
I need help with this too. First, can anyone tell me how to know exactly what output is happening on the tv? My cable box is saying 1080i but the tv is supposed to be 1080p, which I think is supposed to be even better. How can we get 1080p on the set or how can we know what we are getting in the first place?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 15, 2012, 9:13:03 AM PST
Bacchus says:
Depending on your cable provider they may not broadcast in 1080p. I have Comcast and I believe they only broadcast in 1080i which requires less bandwidth on their part. 1080i should atill look VERY good on that TV though. 1080p is a better picture and if you have a bluray player, Xbox 360 or Playstation 3 they all will provide you with a 1080p picture.

I recommend contacting your cable provider and asking them if they do broadcast in 1080p. If they do then they can tell you how to switch your cable box to 1080p.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 15, 2012, 10:15:51 AM PST
Thanks for responding! I have comcast too and am thinking of switching to directv...they have new "genie" boxes (I have to check that they are 1080p) and comcast doesn't have any room dvr in my area yet so....

But I had read that the bandwidth was the same for i or p, that the difference would be in the processor of your device (like tv). so, your saying that's not correct?

I still would like to know how these people knew they were only getting 720p or whatever the number was, so I can check this on my set. Do you know where I can go to find out what it's actually doing?

Thanks again for your answer....I really appreciate it!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 15, 2012, 11:11:59 AM PST
Bacchus says:
I beleive that I am wrong on the bandwidth part. I thought I had read that once but doing a quick Bing search it does appear that it has nothing to do with bandwidth. Sorry about that. I am not sure why they dont braodcast in 1080p then.

I dont have this TV yet (still trying to convince my wife we "need" it) so I cant comment on how you can tell what resolution your TV is displaying. On my Sony HDTV that I currently have it tells me what resolution it is displaying in when I switch to that particular input. For example, I have my Xbox on HDMI 2 and my comcast box on HDMI 1. When I turn the TV from one to the other it displays that info on the top right of the screen.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 15, 2012, 11:34:33 AM PST
Thanks. If you decide to get the set, you might want to get it late on Thanksgiving day....as one reviewer has said, walmart is selling it for 688. Insane price. Check out the online flyer. Might make it more palatable to your wife. Too late for me but I'm sure my husband would have liked that too!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 15, 2012, 12:13:45 PM PST
DWatkins says:
Hit the 'INFO' Button on your remote. It will display in the top right corner of your screen.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 15, 2012, 1:13:14 PM PST
Thanks, DWatkins! It says 1080i. Any way I can get that to go to 1080p, as the set is supposed to be or am I stuck there since my cable provider is 1080i?
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›