Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Year Womens Ski Trip Essentials nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc New year, new music. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Shop movie deals exclusively for Prime members on Amazon Video Shop movie deals exclusively for Prime members on Amazon Video Shop movie deals exclusively for Prime members on Amazon Video  Echo Dot Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Paperwhite The Evil Within 2 Shop now

on September 20, 2011
Product Packaging: Standard Packaging|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
As the description notes, make sure you have 4 D batteries, I bought more in case the machine dies (while my daughter is using it and not having backup is not a good thing), or else the elephant will not work. I had them on hand when I received the toy. Removing it from the box and putting it together did not take long. I carefully wiped off the elephant with a nonbleach disinfectant wipe and also cleaned the balls carefully with soapy warm water. You never know what type of germs are at the factory, warehouse, packing, you name it.

I had a concern about the unit since my daughter has a fear of the blow dryer. If I blow dry my hair in the same room with her she gets upset from the noise. The elephant has a loud noise like a blow dryer since it has to suck and blow the balls. Keep in mind it might not be as high of a pitch as a blow dryer but it is rather loud. I cannot talk to my daughter when the `blower' of the elephant is running it is that loud. If I am playing with her she seems OK with the sound, tolerates it since she is more interested in trying to figure out where the balls are coming from and how to get them back into the elephant. She also has figured out, accidentally, that if you touch the elephant's left hand it turns on the unit (blower). That has scared her a few times. After playing with it for a few weeks she has figured out how to operate it but does not seem that interested in it for a long time. Plus, the sound is loud that I only let her play with it during the morning/day so it does not upset her at night. I tried to let her play with it after dinner one evening but she is usually cranky then and did not like the sound.

All in all, it is really cute, colorful, and oddly enough has a small footprint. I thought it was going to be a lot bigger than it is but it is easy to store in the corner of my daughter's room with the balls in it. There is a power off button so you do not have to worry about hitting the hand and the balls blowing. Besides being loud, I worry if the balls get lost how I can replace them. I have wood floors and when the light balls hit it they go flying everywhere! I fear them getting thrown behind a piece of furniture and I can't retrieve it. Again, if you do not mind spending the money on the D batteries and the loud noise I think your child/children will find this playful. However, if they are like my daughter, it will not keep their interest for a long period of time.
What's this?