Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Month Casual Friday Style nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Prime exclusive: $24.99 for a limited time Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon marchmadness marchmadness marchmadness  Echo Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now TG18PP_gno

on December 23, 2000
At age 35, I felt like I never learned how to have a healthy relationship with money. This book helped me understand how to develop a healthy relationship with money, spending, saving, and earning it. My salary is 20% less than two years ago (chosen life style change), and yet I have more money now than then!
This book is geared toward those with very large debt who have creditors knocking down the doors. However, even those of us who can still manage to juggle the debt around (you know who you are), without having a late payment (yet) will greatly benefit from this book.
My financial advisor gave me this book when we began working together. After only 30 minutes with her, she told me that my net worth was badly in the red (yikes!) Gently, she recommended debt reduction BEFORE investing. This book opened my eyes to my relationship with money and spending. Only 4 months later, I have not incured new debt (credit card is in a jug of ice in the freezer - there for emergencies, but takes time to get to it - great for taking time to change your mind), I pay more than the minimum on my credit card, I'm paying off my student loans, putting money aside monthy to create a next egg, and able to invest in my 403b plan at work for the first time in 4 years! This on less money than two years ago!
This book is based on the principles of Debtor Anonymous, don't let that scare or intimidate you!, The premis is simple; Today, I will not incure new debt. It goes from there to include keeping close track of all spending, creating payment plans you can afford (not what the loan/bank is asking for), spending money well for yourself, and most of all, about impulse control skill development. That was essential for me!
If you are ready to change your relationship with money, spending, saving, etc. Then try this book. What's $7 when your debt is as big as yours?
BTW, this book also helped save my relationship with my fiance. I would get into panic attacks over my finacial situation and freak him out. Now, I'm calm about my money and he sees me with new respect and admiration for my desire to change and improve that aspect of my life. He has begun to review his relationship with money as well and we have become so much more secure with each other as a result!
Good Luck!
0Comment| 294 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse| Permalink
What's this?

What are product links?

In the text of your review, you can link directly to any product offered on To insert a product link, follow these steps:
1. Find the product you want to reference on
2. Copy the web address of the product
3. Click Insert product link
4. Paste the web address in the box
5. Click Select
7. When your review is displayed on, this text will be transformed into a hyperlink, like so:Hamlet (The Pelican Shakespeare)