Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Little FIres Everywhere Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited Get 10% cashback on thousands of musical instruments with your Amazon.com Store Credit Card Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Trade in. Get paid. Go shopping. Shop Now ToyHW17_gno

on December 29, 2009
Apparently, though, a lot of other people do, because I have seen some truly caustic reviews of this movie.

So let me preface this (to ward off suggestions that I am a frat boy with a low IQ)with the following:

I'm female and have a doctorate.

This movie was freaking hilarious. I laughed start to finish on this one. It's Old School-scale hilarity. It's crude, it's obnoxious, and it's not headed for the Oscars, it's just headed to a place on my admittedly small shelf of DVDs, to join my collection of go-to movies to smooth over a rough day at work. It will get you out of your bad mood, that's for sure.

The actors had great chemistry, the scenes were outlandish (although looking back on it, their adventures, while outrageous, were actually fairly tame. Want to see a Las Vegas bachelor party gone seriously awry? Watch "Very Bad Things". And yeah, I liked that one, too.), and I laughed just as hard at my second viewing as I did my first. And Heather Graham? Now there is an underappreciated actress. Why doesn't she get more roles? She was great as the good-hearted stripper. Ken Jeong's first scene had me crying with laughter. That guy is funny in everything he is in.

Also, the scene with the baby that so many complained of? It's just a guy acting stupid with a fully clothed baby. It reminded me of something my little brother and one of his nitwit friends might have done when I brought my infant son over. Is he pretending to molest the baby? No. Is he pretending the baby is molesting him? No. It's not child abuse, it's not sexual abuse, and to suggest it is demeans real victims of such abuse, so please get over yourself.

Caveat: My kid is 18, so I would let him watch this movie, but you probably don't want to watch it WITH your kids, regardless of their ages. It might be a little awkward.
22 comments| 19 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse| Permalink
What's this?

What are product links?

1. Find the product you want to reference on Amazon.com
2. Copy the web address of the product
3. Click Insert product link
4. Paste the web address in the box
5. Click Select

Please write at least one word
You must purchase at least one item from Amazon to post a comment
A problem occurred while submitting your comment. Please try again later.

There was a problem loading comments right now. Please try again later.