Shop Auto Winter Products Beauty Best Books of the Year Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. Electronics Gift Guide Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop STEM Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video  Three new members of the Echo family Save $50 on All-New Fire HD 10. Limited-time offer. $30 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on February 20, 2011
I bought this device because my old DSL router with wireless seemed to be cutting out more frequently than it should be.

It installed quite well, and connected to ISP (Qwest) without trouble.

Wireless setup was a little confusing. Possibly because I don't know tons about wireless networks, but I didn't expect that I should have to know that much. What I didn't understand was why this device wanted to setup two networks by default. After the fact, I understand that it did this because of the different bands that it supports. What it didn't do well, in my opinion, was explain to me how to decide what I needed. It turns out that I needed to enable both bands to support the latest features as well as some (not so old) devices that don't support both bands.

The device may have saved my bacon, however, because it has the option of enabling a guest wireless network. Yep, that's right, I have 3 wireless networks running on the same device. I've only enabled this to allow for a different set of security settings for my internal network, but it is quite handy not to have to go out and buy another piece of equipment to do this.
2 helpful votes