Truck Reviews Beauty Best Books of the Month Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Always ad-free. Learn more. Electronics Gift Guide Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Shop by look Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite Find a new favorite show Find a new favorite show Find a new favorite show Shop now SWMTVT18_gno

on December 2, 2010
There are pictures for many articles, at least half. I read a lot of reviews saying there weren't any pictures, but they are mostly from a year ago, and the version I get with my Kindle (over Wifi every morning) in Vancouver comes with a whole bunch of pictures. One for most articles. I don't have a paper version to compare to, but really, pictures on a small screen won't compare to a large, colour, frontpage anyways. If that's what you're after, you're barking up the wrong tree.

The Kindle version is NOT a physical copy. It can't be. It's not better than having the real thing and a large table, but it is definitely better when you're sitting on a bus or waiting for a doctor's appointment. The Kindle version is not as easy to flip through as a real paper, not even close. Instead, you press the "next chapter" button to flip to the next article. There is a clunky "view section" mode which displays 4 headlines on a page and the first sentence of each article. It's not a perfect solution, but it's not bad and I use it every day. Old versions of newspapers stack up in Kindle memory, not the kitchen table/floor. The Kindle version does not act as cheap wrapping paper. But seriously, enough silly comparisons, it is not going to be the exact same experience as the paper version. There are some things a physical copy is better for, and some things the electronic copy is better for.

It IS the Toronto version, which I don't mind since I'm from Toronto. The description should make this very clear, and it's a shame they don't. If you are looking for another version, you are out of luck.

I cancelled my paper subscription because I didn't like having so many dead trees stacked up in my living room every week, with most pages/articles unread. I thought I could just keep up with the online version. Didn't happen. I think just not having a computer at the breakfast table made all the difference. Who wants to sit at a computer keyboard eating breakfast? The Kindle version came along and saved the day. Now I can have my coffee, bagel, muffin, croissant, whatever, and lean back and read the news in natural morning light. I am now back in touch with Canadian politics, and the hippie in me can feel better about not creating so much waste.
22 people found this helpful