Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited GNO for iPhone 8 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now ToyHW17_gno

on November 3, 2012
Real Salt seems like a good value, but unfortunately it is laced with grit. I've sensed the grit especially on eggs. Today this was confirmed when I cooked 2 cups of dried garbanzo beans in my pressure cooker with 1 teaspoon of this salt. After draining the cooked chickpeas(which had been thoroughly rinsed beforehand), there was some sandy grit at the bottom, the same color and size as the darker specks found in the salt. If it didn't dissolve under pressure for 40 minutes, then it is sand and not salt. I won't be buying it again.

UPDATE 11/11/12
I contacted the Redmond company through their website to let them know about my dissatisfaction with the product. They were very kind to send a replacement package along with some samples of a few of their other products, including a sample of powder salt which is not noticeably gritty and will work perfectly for pickling. They were very responsive to my concerns which I really appreciated. The replacement bag of salt still has some grit in it, but I can use this salt for the majority of my cooking and baking where the grit hasn't been noticeable. I changed my rating from 1 to 3 stars because it's good-for-you salt for most uses.
88 comments| 70 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse| Permalink
What's this?

What are product links?

1. Find the product you want to reference on Amazon.com
2. Copy the web address of the product
3. Click Insert product link
4. Paste the web address in the box
5. Click Select

Please write at least one word
You must purchase at least one item from Amazon to post a comment
A problem occurred while submitting your comment. Please try again later.

There was a problem loading comments right now. Please try again later.