Shop Auto Winter Products Salon Beauty Best Books of the Year Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. PCB for Musical Instruments $24.99 for a limited time only Try it first with samples Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video  Echo  Black Friday Deals Week: Fire tablets starting at $29.99. Limited-time offer. $30 off Kindle Paperwhite Shop now HTL17_gno

on April 27, 2010
This is an excellent watch. I can tell you that quite a few servicemembers choose G-shocks, especially this one, as their watch for deployment. I took this very model to Iraq and then Afghanistan (with a trip to Hawaii in between) and it performed flawlessly.

PROS:
Comfortable, durable band - plastic is surprisingly sturdy
Alarm loud enough to wake me up
Easy to find light button
Has all the necessary functions - without the flashy stuff you know you'll never need anyways
Crystal face is shielded by the casing - very scratch resistant material and shielding protects it well
Very waterproof. I've had it down to 50ft underwater, and I wear it regularly in the shower - never any fog or condensation inside
For how long I've had it (almost 2 years now), the casing and the band have no scratching, cracking, or visible wear and tear - and trust me, I have been rough with it.

CONS:
The only thing is the "ADJUST" button. I wish it wern't recessed into the casing so that I could adjust the alarm easier, but this is a personal preference rather than a design/manufacturing flaw.

Again, I highly recommend this watch. It sits at the perfect line between cost and durability. It's not so expensive that I'd be afraid to put it to the test, yet the quality and durability is far superior to watches that cost far more.
11 comment| 29 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse| Permalink
What's this?