February 1, 2014
Let me say first say that good short stories are very hard to pull off, and I think that Mr. Lopez has done just that. There was enough of a story arc to hold my interest, and just enough backstory to make it complete. I didn't feel as if I were coming in at the middle as I do with a lot of shorts I've read lately. The descriptions and prose flow very nicely and the ending took me a little by surprise. I get a good feeling where this homeless person came from and there was enough mystery to make me contemplate what really happened in his past to get him here to this point. I like an unreliable narrator in a story.

If you have a commute you want to kill, or are simply in the mood to read for 1/2 hour or 45 minutes this is a good one.
3 people found this helpful