Lyft Industrial Deals Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited GNO for iPhone 8 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Tailgating FFII_gno

on November 8, 2009
NEGATIVES: Costume was a TERRIBLE fit; very odd proportions, uncomfortable, and unwearable without MAJOR alterations (inc. the hair ornament!)
POSITIVES: Colors were pretty - Costume made it through Trick-or-Treating without falling apart

THE DRESS: I bought this for my 6 yr old...what's to fit??? She's tall for her age so I usually have to buy clothes made for older girls. This usually means that some aspect of the item is a little large, like, the sleeves being too long. This was NOT the case with this costume. Far, far from it.

Although the length was fine, my mother and I spent the week before Halloween splitting the seams along the arms -from armpit to below the elbow- and completely removing the elastic band from the waist area. We were forced to leave the arm seams open, only sewing the sides to prevent further fraying. To help camouflage the, now, gaping sleeves problem, we had her wear a light pink, long-sleeve shirt underneath the costume. It also helped that we waited until after sundown to begin our evening.

THE HAIR ORNAMENT: See how this hair ornament sits atop the little girls head in the photo? We managed to get the same effect, but, first, we had to anchor the flower to the hair comb, and then do the same with the fan to the flower. A few quick stitches did the trick, but my mom and I were so frustrated at this point that it seemed a MAJOR bother.

This costume was so "off" that we decided to make an entirely different costume ( based on the Bloobytack character from G Is for One Gzonk!: An Alpha-number-bet Book ) for her school's Halloween Parade. However, that ended up being a lot of fun to create! We felt the kimono was just too awkward for her to slip on by herself.

In the end, she did look adorable, and she and her father -who wore the Kabuki Warrior Adult Costume- received loads of compliments. I mentioned in the beginning of this review that the colors of the kimono were very pretty, and that is the truth, but I'll pay the extra $10 and stick to costume stores with fitting rooms for our future costume needs.
0Comment| 32 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse| Permalink
What's this?

What are product links?

1. Find the product you want to reference on Amazon.com
2. Copy the web address of the product
3. Click Insert product link
4. Paste the web address in the box
5. Click Select

Please write at least one word
You must purchase at least one item from Amazon to post a comment
A problem occurred while submitting your comment. Please try again later.

There was a problem loading comments right now. Please try again later.