Shop Auto Winter Products Beauty Best Books of the Year Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. Electronics Gift Guide Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop STEM Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video  Three new members of the Echo family Save $50 on All-New Fire HD 10. Limited-time offer. $30 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on October 28, 2010
I received my first Kitchenaid immersion blender as a wedding gift a few years ago. I am a die-hard Kitchenaid fan; my stand mixer is one of my most prized and most-used possessions. I also own their coffee grinder and a few other gadgets, and have always found their quality and longevity outstanding, along with their customer service policies when my stand mixer had "issues". In that circumstance it was making a funny noise and smelled hot--I called customer service and they shipped out a replacement the same day. The same warranty/customer service policies do not apply to their immersion blenders.
My first one died after about a year and a half of moderate use. I make soups about once a week on average and would occasionally use it for pesto or dips. One day it smelled hot and just up and quit. I called customer service but their warranty on this gadget only lasts a year. The lady I talked to was very nice about it and implied that mine was an unfortunately common complaint. I was hoping I could buy just a replacement motor since the stick and blade was still perfectly fine. They don't offer that option so I ended up buying a whole new blender. That one lasted fourteen months. I wouldn't have bought a third one, but a friend gave me one that had been sitting in a box in her kitchen for years... that one lasted just about exactly the same length of time.

Durability and longevity make a big difference to me, and on that basis I would rate this product one star. Unfortunate as I am still a great fan of their other gadgets. The extra star is for the fact that while it works, it's absolutely wonderful. After a month or two of use I abandoned my regular blender and food chopper entirely. If you only plan to use it very rarely then it may last much longer in your kitchen. As for me, I've now upgraded to a Waring commercial immersion blender with a 1hp motor.
19 helpful votes