Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Enlightenment Now Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon victoriaS2 victoriaS2 victoriaS2  Three new members of the Echo family Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now TG18_gno

on May 16, 2007
As a movie critic for my college rag, the ole' interweb is my only outlet for writing movie reviews:

I peeped the trailer for this on a dvd rental a few months back and have been looking forward to it ever since. My anticipation was warranted for sure.

Not only is the script hilarious, the movie's execution is superb. I have never seen an indie film cast as perfectly as this one, seriously. I have been known to party in my time and this film captured my college experience so well that I felt like I was watching a movie about my life (minus the part about selling drugs lol).

The film takes a bunch of relavent, real-life issues facing just about any male under 30 and handles them in a succint (88 minutes) and hysterical fashion.

The drug selling aspect is merely the glue that holds the plot together. I mention this because many people (my fiance included) get turned off by "drug comedies". There is certainly drug humor-- but it is used sparingly and in all the right places. Not only that,I have never ever seen an ecstasy movie, with the exception of the British "Human Traffic", that encapsulates (yeah, I used a pun in this review) what it is like to roll (aka 'to take ecstasy' for the uninitiated).

The movie never takes a shortcut for an easy laugh and maintains a comedic integrity that I haven't seen since "The Girl Next Door". Did I mention that "Fifty Pills" also works off of virtually zero budget? Every cent is put in the right place though and it never feels like a straight-to-dvd movie. Major studios REALLY dropped the ball by not picking up "Fifty Pills" after the Tribeca Film Festival and giving it a limited theatrical release (to boost street cred) before really promoting a dvd release shortly thereafter. It will certainly find its audience but I doubt it will make the money for the filmmakers that it deserves to make. Those who were involved in making "Fifty Pills" (particularly writer/producer Matthew Perniciaro) have a bright future if this movie does some business.

On that note, if you dig teen comedies, drug comedies, or simply coming-of-age tales then give "Fify Pills" a shot. I guarantee that you will have a fantastic 88 minutes.
What's this?