Salon Beauty Kindle 10th Anniversary Hallo nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited Electronics Gift Guide $69.99 Handmade Gift Shop hgg17 Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon The Walking Dead season 8 available to buy The Walking Dead season 8 available to buy The Walking Dead season 8 available to buy  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Shop Now HTL17_gno

VINE VOICEon October 4, 2011
Format: Hardcover|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
Being that I was experiencing a particularly difficult time in my child's life (or in mine, depending on your perspective) - the so-called terrible twos - I was hoping that this book might have some magic answers. It doesn't. It basically covers the same ground as other parenting books, a combination of, say, Lise Eliot, and the Happiest Toddler on the Block. The suggestions are hard to implement, as acknowledged by the author, when you have been so pushed to the edge by sleeplessness and tantrums so as to have become a toddler yourself.

What I did like about the book were the cartoons and pictures, and the fact that it covers all ages and stages, so I can see myself returning to it. However, the techniques were spread across all ages all the time, so it was harder to focus in on what might be appropriate for me and my child at this very moment.

Overall, I like the general ideas/principles behind the book, but I'm not sure that it stands out in the field of parenting books based on similar research.
33 comments| 69 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse| Permalink
What's this?