Industrial Deals Beauty MagazinestoInspire STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show Limited-time offer: All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis Trade it in. Fund the next. Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

on July 16, 2013
I'm sorry folks, but I have to strongly disagree with the reviews & comments here that downplay the smell of these clamps. There is an EXTREMELY STRONG smell that resembles kerosene. If you put these clamps on your backdrop within a few feet of your subject such as a small child and they have allergies or just plain sensitive sinuses, I don't think your photo shoot will last very long!

These clamps were shipped to me individually wrapped in a zip lock style bag that is inside a box. That box was inside a brown container box. Then this box was inside a larger box with other items in my order. The smell was so strong that when the delivery guy brought it, I could immediately smell it and I had not even touched the box yet! After opening it you can imagine how over powering the smell was. And it is NOT a good smell. (And I disagree that it is a 'rubbery' smell.) Clearly these clamps are made with using some process that includes an unnecessary chemical or substance and there is NO REASON for this! I apologize for sounding cynical, but I shudder to think what chemicals and/or materials are used at the Chinese plant that is making these. But what ever they are using is absolutely UNACCEPTABLE. There is no reason what so ever this is necessary. (Consider for a moment the differences in environmental regulations between America and China. Would you still feel what this product is made out of is no big deal if these are made with asbestos or some other hazardous material? You seriously think this can't happen?)

The clamps themselves look like they are decent quality and have a lot of strength to them since they are metal which is the reason I purchased these. The spring in them feels solid and durable. The rubber tips on each one does look flimsy though and I have to wonder how long before they start to tear apart and fall off. But at this point they are "completely unusable". I have them currently sitting outside my house in my back yard. If the smell doesn't clear up in a week or so, then these go in the garbage.
33 comments| 6 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse| Permalink
What's this?

What are product links?

1. Find the product you want to reference on Amazon.com
2. Copy the web address of the product
3. Click Insert product link
4. Paste the web address in the box
5. Click Select

Please write at least one word
You must purchase at least one item from Amazon to post a comment
A problem occurred while submitting your comment. Please try again later.

There was a problem loading comments right now. Please try again later.