Industrial Deals HPC Save up to 90% on textbooks Womens Ski Trip Essentials nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Camila Cabello All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade 2018 Planners Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon MMM MMM MMM  Echo Dot Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Paperwhite The Evil Within 2 Shop now

on March 9, 2010
Hurt Locker isn't a bad film in itself and the story of the main character is interesting, as is the menace of the bombs and the faceless duel that seems to ensue. I think that part of the film is clever.

The sets are fantastic and have a realistic gritty feel. Now I have not been to Iraq/Afghanistan myself but in my circle of friends there are two that have been there for tour of duty and keeping this in mind I don't think he story is far fetched as some here say. Things do and will happen in war.

The thing just is that Hurt Locker is simply o.k. and nothing more. It is certainly no Oscar material (nor would Avatar or District 9 rank anywhere close) and stands badly to comparison to the far better war movies out there like Black Hawk Down or Apocalypse Now. In fact there is a scene, reasonably long showing how our main character in Hurt Locker cannot cope with normal life at home. In Apocalypse Now Martin Sheen lies on his back in a sweaty bed and thinks out loud "When I was home after my first tour, it was worse. I'd wake up and there'd be nothing. I hardly said a word to my wife, until I said "yes" to a divorce. When I was home after my first tour, it was worse." and it had a greater impact.

Recommended viewing for those that enjoy gritty war films but don't expect too much from it.
What's this?