Shop Auto Winter Products Salon Beauty Best Books of the Year Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. Electronics Gift Guide Starting at $39.99 Try it first with samples Handmade Gift Shop STEM Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Despicable Me 3 available to buy Despicable Me 3 available to buy Despicable Me 3 available to buy  Three new members of the Echo family Save $50 on All-New Fire HD 10. Limited-time offer. $30 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on March 13, 2012
Okay...I decided to get a new blowdryer. Didn't need one - mine was still working, after all. But there was all the hype about ionic, ceramic, tourmaline - blah, blah, blah. But I was unhappy with my hair. It just didn't look good and hadn't for years. Didn't know why so kept shopping for the miracle product, the better stylist, a different cut. (BTW, I'm 55 and have curly, fine blonde hair but lots of it.) Finally had a eureka moment when I found a site that said dryers, even if they work, lose their effectiveness with age. Ummmm. My blowdryer is 19 years old.

So went on a search for a new dryer. Finally decided on the BaByliss Pro 2000 watt dryer due to the reviews on several sites. Not cheap but not outrageous. Bought the diffuser as well.

Used it for the first time today.

I used all the same products and care on my hair this morning. Normally, drying with the diffuser for 15 minutes removes excess water but I still left the house with damp hair, even on an Indiana January morning. Hair would be dry by about 10:00 am and then start to frizz by 2:00 pm, with no volume. TODAY - walked out of the house with almost dry hair (after drying for 10 minutes) with volume (where I wanted it) and ended the day with frizz-free hair that is soft.

THE NEW DRYER.....Love the controls and the fit in my hand. It is heavier than my previous dryer but the shorter drying time makes this not a problem. Was louder than my previous dryer; however, if you are a 150 year old woman trying to yell as loud as a 3 year old, you're probably going to lose. I switched from hot to warm settings and the volume diminished. If you have curly hair and want to use a diffuser, I recommend ordering the diffuser designed for the dryer. I tried to use my old diffuser and it kept falling off. Irritating.

So far am very happy with this dryer and the results on my hair. Soft, frizz-free, dries quickly. And much better styling. My lesson learned - replace that old dryer. I'm happy with my choice of replacement.
55 comments| 382 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse| Permalink
What's this?