Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Oprah's Book Club Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc August Greene All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon victoriaS2 victoriaS2 victoriaS2  Three new members of the Echo family Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now TG18_gno

on December 10, 2011
This printer was purchased to replace both a non-wireless but similar Canon and a HP printer I had formerly used at my office. I waited for the newest printer and for the reviews of it on Amazon & they were very helpful. While I miss the document feeder from the HP, everything else is great. I have not yet managed to get my iPad to print documents but have no problems printing wirelessly from my Mac laptop or from the connected HP PC. Photos print wirelessly from everything (Canon has app for iPhone and iPad) even lets me choose size. The scanner works great and I look forward to being able to scan slides and negatives but have not yet done so. The slow warmup takes some getting used to but not having to leave my easy chair to print is wonderful. An Excel document didn't print correctly so I have to learn how to handle those documents, but everything else has printed perfectly. I prefer Canon inks/printers for photos and this doesn't seem to use ink any faster than my older model. The set up was simple enough for me to do without tech support with easy to follow directions. I am really delighted with the quality of this printer.

Update 5/12
Canon did a hardware update soon after I wrote review and I can now print from iPad. I miss the old see through inks and think I replaced original cartridges too soon, now ignoring low ink warnings. A power outage even momentary will turn printer off. If you plan to print on smaller than letter sized paper, I'd set it up for rear paper feed, as an example only a full page of checks will print without jamming from bottom feed. I was originally worried about flimsiness of this paper holder but it is working fine. Nothing was in directions but there is a rear panel that is easy to remove to clear jam. Still pleased with purchase.
0Comment| 23 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse| Permalink
What's this?