Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Little FIres Everywhere Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Trade in. Get paid. Go shopping. Shop Now PSFF17_gno

on May 30, 2011
I bought a couple of these last year for me and my husband so that I can pack soup for us to take to work for lunch. I'd previously bought another product that didn't keep the soup hot and leaked all over the place, so was looking around for something from a more reliable manufacturer that would also meet my requirement of being able to fit in the available space in our lunch bags, with a lid that doubles as a bowl to eat from. We have this Laptop Lunch System 2.0 Power Lunch, Red, and there's just enough room in the carrying case to squeeze in a thermos if you can find one of the right size... the Stainless King was it!

First of all, I love the appearance of these. They're really nice, a very dark purplish-blue color stainless steel, with silver-colored outer lid/bowl. The inner lid screws on VERY tightly, preventing any of the leaking problems I had with the previous (off-brand) thermoses I bought, and also has a clever little telescoping spoon that clips into it. I've never actually used my spoon, but it's nice to know that it's there!

The jar keeps food PIPING hot for hours - I fill mine at around 7am, and when I open it at around 1pm, a ton of steam escapes and the food is still very hot. I will usually boil a kettle, fill the jars with boiling water and close the inner lids tightly to warm the jars up while I heat the soup (or whatever we're eating that day), then quickly discard the boiling water and replace it with soup (etc) and put the lid back on tightly so as not to let any heat escape. Works like a charm.

The other great thing about these is that they are EXACTLY the right size to hold a can of soup, if you're going for the store-bought option rather than making your own.

Really, really pleased with this purchase - sometimes little, everyday things can make you very happy, and these little food jars have done just that!
0Comment| 18 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse| Permalink
What's this?

What are product links?

1. Find the product you want to reference on Amazon.com
2. Copy the web address of the product
3. Click Insert product link
4. Paste the web address in the box
5. Click Select

Please write at least one word
You must purchase at least one item from Amazon to post a comment
A problem occurred while submitting your comment. Please try again later.

There was a problem loading comments right now. Please try again later.