Oil month Automotive HPC World Book Day Introducing Prime Wardrobe nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Country Heat PCB for select Bang & Olufsen Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Mother's Day gifts Home Gift Guide Mother's Day gifts across Amazon Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon westworldS2 westworldS2 westworldS2  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now SWMTVT18_gno

on October 27, 2010
I bought this case when it first came out for the iPad a few months ago. Long story short, my cat threw up on it, the case is nylon and has sort of a foamy padding on the outside which soaked it up and it grossed me out to think of using it after that so I ordered a new one based on how much I loved the first.
Based on my criteria, these are great cases. I wanted something that wasn't flashy looking, could be used as a stand to view video, covered the front and back to protect from scratches and had easy access to all ports and buttons. This fit the bill. I looked at many, many cases and this one most closely met what I was looking for.
The first one I ordered was great, it fit perfectly. The case consists of three sections. One section is the cover, the middle section has a sort of stretchy pocket that I guess could hold some papers or allow you to slide your hand in for a more secure hold and the third section is the one the iPad slides into. It is held by both friction and the fold of the case itself. I never had a problem with it slipping or sliding around. If you want to watch video, you can fold the case in a way so that the iPad sits at an angle and the friction of the edge of the cover against the faux suede-like material of the inside keeps it from slipping. The outside of the case is a ripstop, padded nylon with an understated black-on-black Incipio logo on the front. Two magnets on the corners hold the cover closed. Two of the corners are exposed and I have no doubt if you dropped it on one of those two corners you would get some damage. Also, this is NOT a leather case as stated in the product description.
I received the new one today and disappointedly, it doesn't seem to be as great as the first one. It could be that it needs a little time to stretch into a proper fit but it seems to not fit nearly as well. The magnets holding the cover closed also seem to not be as strong as the first one. Don't get me wrong, I still like the case but just not as much as the first one. I give the first one 5 stars, I give the newer one 3 stars so I'll average them out and give a cumulative 4 stars.
What's this?